Proposal Submission Process presentation to be held March 8
Start the new year off right by joining the Pre-Award Associates from the Office of Sponsored Programs for a look at the proposal submission process at Virginia Tech.
Whether you are an experienced researcher new to the university, a new faculty member, or a staff member who assists with proposals, this two-hour review will help answer your questions about the details of submitting a proposal through Virginia Tech's Office of Sponsored Programs.
There are two ways to attend:
- In-person–up to 25 people may attend in person in the North End Center room 2420. You can choose the in-person option when you register. If it is not available, it means all 25 openings have been filled.
- Via Zoom–this option can also be chosen when you register. The Zoom link will be sent to those registered prior to the class.
The following topics will be reviewed during this session:
- Common components of most proposals
- Virginia Tech budgeting to meet federal and university requirements
- Roles and responsibilities of the Principal Investigator, departmental proposal team members, and Pre-Award Associates
- Various submission methods
- Transferring an existing award to Virginia Tech
- Summit - Virginia Tech's electronic research administration system
- Internal deadlines vs sponsor deadlines
- Additional Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation resources
Pre-Award Associates will be available to answer questions after the session. Please feel free to email questions in advance to email@example.com.
To attend, please use the link below to register by Friday, March 4:
Introduction to Virginia Tech's Proposal Submission ProcessTuesday
Mar. 8, 2022 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.