The university and various sponsors or potential research partners may sometimes share information with each other that each party considers either proprietary or confidential. In these cases, information exchanges between parties may be formalized in an agreement to prevent inadvertent disclosures to third parties. These types of agreements include:
- Proprietary Information Agreements (PIAs)
- Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs)
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Data Use Agreements (DUAs)
- Learn more information regarding procedures for handling confidential information at Virginia Tech
Further information is also available in OSP Procedure 10006 Documenting Award Negotiations.