Research and Innovation Home Page
COVID-19: Research Continuity Guidance
Learn how COVID-19 is impacting OVPRI and its affiliated units.
Virginia Tech is Ready
See how Virginia Tech's is preparing for the fall 2020 semester.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Research Conflict of Interest Program
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Aug 05 Research explores the impacts of mobile phones for Maasai women The study examines how mobile phones could potentially support women’s empowerment within the specific contexts of the Maasai’s nomadic life.
- Aug 04 Biology graduate student boosts sustainability efforts at Virginia Tech through custom green lab certification system With over 1,200 laboratories, Virginia Tech strives to solve the world’s most complex problems by connecting brilliant minds with powerful technology. But at the end of the day, every researcher is facing the same challenge: copious amounts of laboratory waste.
- Jul 31 Let me clear my throat: Capturing coughing sounds provides data for predicting epidemiological trends Seeking ways to improve prediction methods to preempt future global health crises, Virginia Tech researchers are developing a cost-effective and highly deployable approach for monitoring respiratory illness for public health epidemic forecasting.