Join the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Pre-Award Associates for a look at the Proposal Submission Process at Virginia Tech. Whether you are an experienced researcher new to the university, a new faculty member, or a staff member who assists with proposals, this two-hour review will help answer your questions about the details of submitting a proposal through Virginia Tech's Office of Sponsored Programs.
Introduction to Virginia Tech's Proposal Submission Process
Tuesday, January 7
North End Center Room 2420
In this session we will look at:
- Basic components common to most proposals;
- How budgeting is done at Virginia Tech to meet federal and university requirements;
- Roles and responsibilities of the PI and Pre-Award Associates;
- Various ways proposals get submitted to the sponsor;
- Transferring an existing award to Virginia Tech;
- Summit - Virginia Tech's electronic research administration system;
- Internal deadlines vs sponsor deadlines; and
- Additional OVPRI resources
Snacks and beverages will be provided courtesy of OSP. Pre-Award Associates will be available to answer questions after the session.
Please RSVP by emailing newPI@vt.edu. In your e-mail, please designate if you will be attending in person or via Zoom. Zoom details to be posted the day of the session on this page.
NOTE - limited to 30 spaces for the in-person session.